Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Maxidas 708 suscription ends and start t...
Maxidas 708 suscription ends and start to have trouble

2172 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-12 14:10:34

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    victormarroquin
    2016-09-09 15:53:43
     HI, My Maxidas Suscription has been expired 04/2016, now the scanner stop diagnose most of the vehicles, I can get true GM, BMW, most Mercedes, Volvo, Audi. The scanner saids no comunication.. It starts as soon as my suscription ends, and it is not fair to paid $ 695.00 for just 4 more updates..So I need to know if the suscription ends, so the scanner stop working propertly??

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries

2016-09-11 01:06:04

Check a few post up...
    If your scanner is allowed Internet access, we believe that it contacts Autel the see if it has a active update subscription.. 
    If it doesn't, then it will lock up your scanner, be un operable or who knows what else..
    The only way myself and others have managed to get them to work, is to install the back up software (that hopefully you did before your subscription expired) and then not allow it to access the Internet...

There will be a lawsuit concerning this situation soon !

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2016-09-12 11:01:51 (Reply to:victormarroquin)

Try to repalce the cable (use a 15 pin joystick extension from the PC shop)
    Try to replace the OBD connector

Mostly a broken wire inside.
    I had my DS708 for along time without subscription and it has never locked or stopped working.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-09-12 14:10:34 (Reply to:victormarroquin)

I would try another cable  to eliminate it as a possible cause. I would advise against checking for DS708 updates with the slow DS708 tool itself ,( especially if within a month of your expiration) and especially if you are expired and still have the original 4GB card in it with little room left .If there is or was any truth to  unscrupulous  disabling of DS 708s shortly after expiration , those still  running the original 4 GB card in it would be the most easy targets (to force to update a coruppted tool ) it would make sense that you probably never took the time to create backup software and not already running a larger SD card in it by now.

Total1 Pages